What will you be shooting two years from now?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
Antal I Kozma
Antal I Kozma Veteran Member • Posts: 3,529
Re: What will you be shooting two years from now?

Som Prasad wrote:

I would have been looking to the Z9, if it was not going to be so big and heavy. With time, I have become very wieght and size concious. Hence my long lenses are both phase fresnel. 😀😀

I understand being wight conscious, I am too getting up there with age and prefer everything lighter.

That said, I have always preferred large bodies or a camera with added on battery grip. That is how I use my D850. I have large hands and anything small doesn't feel right in my grip.

I have both the 500mm f4E FL and the 500mm f5.6 PF, I reach more often for the PF lens these days. That is especially true when I am out in the Canadian wilderness for a week or so and I need to travel as light as possible to have enough of essential supplies with me.

My big dream is that Nikon may come out with a 600mm f5.6 PF lens for the Z mount. I think it would pay well off for them. Many more could afford that lens than the 600 f4 which is on their road map. A lens like that would channel wildlife and bird shooter customers to the Z mount as well.

Best, AIK

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow