What will you be shooting two years from now?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
T O Shooter Forum Pro • Posts: 11,704
Re: What will you be shooting two years from now?

Possibly a used Sony Alpha and a drastically pared down kit.  When it comes to Nikon ML, I'll switch to another brand as opposed to selling perfectly good Nikon lenses to buy more expensive perfectly good Nikon Z lenses.  I refuse to do that, as I would refuse to use an adapter on my f mount lenses.

The Alpha would give me silent shooting for BIF plus pro AF with high MP, something the D850 just misses on, AF wise.  If the D850 AF was as good my D4s AF, I'd likely not consider it.  I love the D4s but in 2021 or 2023, it's not the high MP, pro AF, high fps body that the Alpha is. I had hoped the D810 and subsequent D850 would have more stellar AF than either did.

Otherwise, I'm fairly happy to continue on with the D4s, D850.  It and my f mount lenses could serve me very well for 10 years or more.  I need to drastically pare down my lenses as I accumulated them by buying packages of gear, selling the pieces individually, and keeping what I wanted and / or putting the returning cash into long Nikon telephotos. I'd also likely sell my D500 and D700.

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow