Becoming harder to find.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Chichester
Brian Chichester Contributing Member • Posts: 702
Re: Becoming harder to find.

I'm very sorry to hear about your ongoing difficulties in getting hold of a truly mint X10.

I have been more fortunate: I bought a truly mint X10 about 3 years ago, looked after it, and sold it on in mint condition (for reasons that I will come to), and I recently bought a truly mint X30 which I am enjoying very much.

I know everyone has their own reasons for liking particular cameras and I agree there is much to like about the X10. Three things I found about the X10 which caused me to pass it on were: the optical viewfinder, the fixed rear screen, and the EXR processing, which involves a lot of pixel binning. The processed jpegs are indeed beautiful but they are only 6MP.

I have found that the X30 addresses all of these issues, the only downside being that it is a bigger camera. I know that you are not alone in believing that the X10 was the first and best of the series, and I'm not trying to get you to change your opinion. Just saying I've been there, done that, and I came to a different conclusion.

However, getting hold of a mint X30 is getting harder as well, and I know that I was fortunate twice over. Falling in love with discontinued cameras can be a fraught business.

Brian Chichester's gear list:Brian Chichester's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sony a6000 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD kwa_photo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow