Ae-lock and Re-Compose

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
OP Jcbailey Forum Member • Posts: 82
Re: Ae-lock and Re-Compose

Autonerd wrote:

I believe (and I could be wrong, I'm more of an old-camera guy) AE lock should work as you are saying. Not sure what camera you have, but do you have to press or hold the AE Lock button to get it to work? (On old cameras you had to hold it.)

Also, how high are you allowing your ISO to go? If you've set a limit, it's possible you're just not getting enough light on the sensor. A room lit by artificial light has an exposure value of about EV5. At 1/200th of a second at ISO 3200, your aperture would need to be around f/2.2. Larger if the room is dimly lit.

It might help us here to see a sample pic with EXIF data or at least get your exposure/ISO settings.

Aaron

Still don’t understand it. It meters at 1/200 and I think my iso was 16000 shouldn’t it have got the light took the shot and it be bright? Why did it re-focus after pressing the shutter all the way down?

Jcbailey's gear list:Jcbailey's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS Apple iPhone 12
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow