Can we talk about this 43MP Stacked BSI Sensor?

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
GaryW Veteran Member • Posts: 9,617
Re: Can we talk about this 43MP Stacked BSI Sensor?

bloodlmt wrote:

do any of you hope to see this monster 43MP stacked BSI sensor in the a6600 successor?

personally for me, I dont need 43MP or 8K video.
All I want is proper a6600 successor with flip screen, new menu, higher res EVF and screen, 1/8000 max shutter, better IBIS and better electronic video stabilisation with lower rolling shutter.

My biggest beef with the A6600 may be the lack of on-board flash.  I occasionally use built-in flash, crappy as it is, as fill or where lighting is dim but not too dark, and where I'm just not carrying around a ton of equipment that includes an external flash larger than my camera.
Ok, rolling shutter should be better on Sony cameras.  Yeah, that should be addressed.  Otherwise, I'm fine with the A6500.

I'll take all of the extra MP I can get, but realistically, I can't say I have a need for more.  There are other things I can do to get more resolution if I need to and am willing to work at it (such as stitching), but from a purely realistic perspective, I don't think it's much of an issue.  I rarely print poster size, and I've done fine with less mp.  Go figure!

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6500 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow