* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
P3T3S Senior Member • Posts: 2,115
Re: Fireworks

RoelHendrickx wrote:

I went to photograph the big fireworks at 21.00 hours over the Danube in Budapest, on Szent Istvan Nap (Saint Stephen's Day, the Hungarian national holiday).

Not surprisingly, I found the people more interesting than the pyrotechnics.

(yes, another iphone image)

Interesting enough, I immediately assumed the couple were photographers, he with a rucksack suitable for photo gear and she with a tripod. He has made the effort to bring a ladder, but looks a little ridiculous standing on his own. However, there is no evidence of a camera and neither seem to be taking photos. In fact they seem to be the only ones not taking photos, as the crowd fill mobile phone storage space. They seem to be photographically unimpressed, or have got what they came for and are now watching the show. Roel meanwhile, was not here for the fireworks, and found interesting human behaviour and lots of his trademark mobile phone screens to include.

As to Minnie’s comment about a brush with the law, I can only assume it is artistic copyright. For instance the Eifel Tower is simply Paris’s most famous landmark by day and can be photographed by anyone, but at night it is illuminated with light shows, which are copyrighted by the artist, and may not be photographed. Certainly he used to pursue anyone who published a photo on their website quite vehemently, but not sure if it is still the case.

P3T3S's gear list:P3T3S's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow