* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
OP RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 27,815
Re: Fungus

KeesSmeele wrote:

Spotted this fellow on a walk last sunday. This mushroom decided to grow right on top of a post of a gate in a fence.

The weather wasn't perfect for photography at all: grey, cloudy and a bit of drizzling rain. Still iI am pleased with the results. Moreover this is a first attempt to process the RAW image in Darktable. ItΕ› freeware that got my interest for a while, now I have found the time to practice it. The learning curve is a steep one and I am not at the end of the curve. I still need to figure out how to denoise the background, for instance. as an first attempt, I am pleased with the result.

One of your best shots shown here in this thread until now.

The scene on top of the fence post looks like a mini landscape.

If you would have moved closer, we would not have gotten the perfect impression that we are getting now : that nature will always find a way to create serene beauty even in the unlikeliest of places.

Having the little fungus stand exactly in the center of the frame, defies all conventional wisdom of composition, but it works wonderfully: there is a clear focus of attention from which our gaze can meander and drift in all directions (mostly down obviously, the top part functions mostly as breathing space).

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow