* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
OP RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 27,737
Hmm..

P3T3S wrote:

I am visiting family this week, so my internet access is very limited.

This is also an iPhone image. Sort of.

Pete

I really like the idea, but I am not sure if I really like the practical execution shown here.

Because there is nothing holding the phone, I have a hard time suspending my disbelief.

Is that phone just floating in the air?  Is it photoshopped onto a photo of grass?

Or is it lying on the grass itself (it seems so)?  In that case, it is clear that the phone is used as a way to inject some fauna in this scene that is only grass.  Obviously, a phone lying with its lens straight onto the ground, cannot photography anything below it.

If you would have photographed a hand holding a phone a meter or so above the ground (with some shallow DOF maybe) I would have bought into the illusion that we are seeing an actual critter, present there, through the lens of a smartphone camera, i.e. like many people nowadays view ANYTHING that they encounter.

It would have made not only a clever shot, but also a bit of social commentary, and thus be more multi-layered.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow