* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 8,624
Re: Fungus

KeesSmeele wrote:

Spotted this fellow on a walk last sunday. This mushroom decided to grow right on top of a post of a gate in a fence.

The weather wasn't perfect for photography at all: grey, cloudy and a bit of drizzling rain. Still iI am pleased with the results. Moreover this is a first attempt to process the RAW image in Darktable. ItΕ› freeware that got my interest for a while, now I have found the time to practice it. The learning curve is a steep one and I am not at the end of the curve. I still need to figure out how to denoise the background, for instance. as an first attempt, I am pleased with the result.

It has to be viewed, at least, at "original size".

A good choice of perspective. The simple, but exquisite form is shown off to perfection. The dark, out of focus background is just right. Its creamy plainness complements the delicate folds of the fungus. Likewise the narrow plane of focus does the same for the framing moss. The stronger light falling on the moss spotlights your subject.

All very nice.

If this is to be shown as a small image I'd be cropping it quite hard so that the fine details are more apparent.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow