* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 8,611
Re: Fireworks

minniev wrote:

I think it's a pretty good photo of what you wanted to photograph: the two people in the near ground and the crowd in the distance, all watching a fireworks celebration similar to what we've all experienced somewhere/sometime. It does suffer from a color cast that borders on distracting (because of the streetlights of course). And the fireworks themselves might possibly be more interesting with certain settings, though I confess I've never mastered them. The one time I tried to take a real camera to a snazzy fireworks show I got hauled aside by Nashville PD and told it was illegal to photograph fireworks in Nashville (who knew?). My son, ever protective of his mother, almost got himself in serious trouble trying to put forth a legal-ish defense.

Do you shoot with the iPhone's native controls, Roel, or with something else?

RoelHendrickx wrote:

I went to photograph the big fireworks at 21.00 hours over the Danube in Budapest, on Szent Istvan Nap (Saint Stephen's Day, the Hungarian national holiday).

Not surprisingly, I found the people more interesting than the pyrotechnics.

(yes, another iphone image)

minniev's revelation re Nashville by laws is as eyepopping as the fireworks. Someone needs to get a ladder and have a good look at those laws as well. I can't possibly imagine, even at my most conspiracy fueled, imagine what could be the reason for such a law.

A slight smile at the keenness of the spectator and his stand, while his partner remains grounded. The framework of the pusher to the right  and the frame of the ladder help us move from forground to background. The fireworks stand out because of  the attention getting highlights and some careful framing.

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow