Fv Mode Confusion

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
juanmaasecas Senior Member • Posts: 1,424
Re: Fv Mode Confusion

SigZero wrote:

juanmaasecas wrote:

While the camera is "metering" the iso can't be switched back to auto. You need to wait a little bit I think (you can set the metering time lower, the lowest I think is 4s).

I also use Fv most of the time.

In my R5, I keep the control wheel for aperture, front dial for exposure compensation, and the Fv setting most of the time is in the speed, so I can change those three parameters without moving the Fv setting (just with the other wheels). when I want to go back to auto speed, I just press the bin button, etc.

I thought that I'll love Fv mode until I've discovered that Auto ISO settings are not effective in this mode - so If I need some custom shutter speed in auto I need to use Av

Br, Paweł.

I commented that In other thread already, I can’t understand why the auto iso minimum shutter speed is not working in this mode, come on Canon!

juanmaasecas's gear list:juanmaasecas's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow