Fv Mode Confusion

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
OP Sinawang Forum Member • Posts: 65
Re: Fv Mode Confusion

juanmaasecas wrote:

While the camera is "metering" the iso can't be switched back to auto. You need to wait a little bit I think (you can set the metering time lower, the lowest I think is 4s).

So, the metering work is the culprit? That's why I can't figure out, my mind didn't think as far as what you told me.

My metering is also at the lowest setting at 4s, but that still got me stuck at lowest ISO when I need it to be Auto and, when the ISO is already at Auto in the first place the exp comp can't be selected as it's being skipped by control wheel.

I also use Fv most of the time.

Yes, it's like when you want to use full manual or semi auto faster the Fv is the 1st choice.

In my R5, I keep the control wheel for aperture, front dial for exposure compensation, and the Fv setting most of the time is in the speed, so I can change those three parameters without moving the Fv setting (just with the other wheels). when I want to go back to auto speed, I just press the bin button, etc.

I set Aperture to the lens control ring as aperture is a lens' atribute so my brain doesn't need to think which wheel to dial to change aperture, it's subjectively faster for me to work that way. I still need the rear wheel to change between shutter, exp comp and ISO, and oftenly I set my ISO at auto but not most of the time, so the rear wheel is used to switch between shutter and exp comp more often.

But I think I would try your setup and see if it work faster for me than my own setup.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Sinawang's gear list:Sinawang's gear list
Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon 85mm F1.4L IS USM Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon RF 70-200 F4 L +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow