* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
minniev Veteran Member • Posts: 3,907
Re: National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa

Lovely building with a dramatic sky and a fascinating foreground sculpture -  and interesting comparison between the two images.  The first, while it entices us with more dramatic cloud colors, has given up some detail in the brights. In the second the blues are richer, the highlights are nicely retained, but the clouds have little color. Interestingly, the building itself is more appealing in the second, with its stronger cyan reflectivity.lf I had to chose, I'd go with the second version.

When you say single image HDR, I'm assuming you mean you took one image into PP and by raising and lowering values created a wider dynamic range than it had initially. If that's a wrong assumption, please share.  Did you try a multi image HDR either in camera or in PP? If so, how did that turn compare?

19andrew47 wrote:

A single image taken with the Venus Optics Laowa 7.5 mm f/2 m4/3 lens at f/4 with the EM1ii. Processed two ways.

Andrew

done as a single image HDR file in PSP and Nik

initial processing in OW finished in PSP and Nik.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow