* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
minniev Veteran Member • Posts: 3,897
Re: Fungus

That is just grand. You've an excellent capture and editing is perfect for the subject. It would have been easy to mess it up with the mixed lighting but you have done well.

Great composition, sharp detailed capture, really evokes the tiny wonder-filled world we so often pass by. I can imagine the feel of the air and the earthy smell of the old post and the moss that is overtaking it. Very nice work.

KeesSmeele wrote:

Spotted this fellow on a walk last sunday. This mushroom decided to grow right on top of a post of a gate in a fence.

The weather wasn't perfect for photography at all: grey, cloudy and a bit of drizzling rain. Still iI am pleased with the results. Moreover this is a first attempt to process the RAW image in Darktable. ItΕ› freeware that got my interest for a while, now I have found the time to practice it. The learning curve is a steep one and I am not at the end of the curve. I still need to figure out how to denoise the background, for instance. as an first attempt, I am pleased with the result.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow