Miss my V1....

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 5,205
Re: Miss my V1....

ryer wrote:

I had the V1, J2 and 10-30 original and PD and found the J2 (same sensor as V1) was far easier for travel, esp if used only with a single lens, and had the benefit of a USB charger for the battery (but slightly less battery life than the V1).

So I sold the V1, and original lens (whilst it was still working!) and kept just the J2 and 10-30 PD lens - this is a great lightweight travel combo - with reliability.

I think the J2 (or later) and the 10-30 PD are a great pair for travel.

Used to have and stupidly sold my "Coolpix A" fixed 28mm 2.8 APS compact - - although superior to the J2/10-30 there isn't enough difference (yet) for me to want to upgrade up again.

Also I like the company on this forum ))))

This is one of the best forums here  photographers are excellent and share so much

Frankly the little V1 was excellent  I was silly to sell it  Pricing was so high though  I had the adapter for Nikkor  lenses on my wish list  yet it cost so much  I had an old f1.4/50 then  it would have been amazing on the V1  However the cost of the adapter concerned me  I sold that lens  I’m left with a Nikon 70-300VR lens  it’s so slow I don’t know how it would work coupled to a V1

im still interested but haven’t bought a used Nikon 1 yet

Dave

-- hide signature --

DaveL
WSSA Member #468
Ontario, Canada

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow