* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
OP RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 27,741
Use of cameras.

19andrew47 wrote:

Nothing but phone cameras in sight, perhaps one on the tripod though! A nice image but you need to exercise your dedicated cameras more. They must be feeling neglected Roel!

Andrew

They really are not neglected.

I use them a lot.  Made hundreds of photos on our trips to Italy, Berlin and Budapest, and a few thousand on paid assignments in the past months.

I have just delivered to the publisher a set of 437 photos (the best of +2000) from which 80-100 will be chosen for a book that will come on the market end October.

The photos made with my EM1 and LX100 and GM5 on our private trips, are on my hard disk waiting to be selected and processed.

So there is the issue : I do still make lots of images with dedicated cameras, but I don't always find the time for the necessary follow-up of selection and processing.  My hard disks are filled with images from the last 3-4 years of travelling and other stuff.

I really need to start thinking of retirement, in order to find the time to dig into those treasure chests and hunt for the nuggets and gems.

The advantage of the iphone photography lies in its immediacy: images are shot, looked at, sometimes polished up a bit and uploaded, ready for display.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow