That reminds me: Newyi 35/1.6

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
The Grumpy Snapper Contributing Member • Posts: 573
Re: That reminds me: Newyi 35/1.6

Proplus888 wrote:

I've been eyeing a few of the cheap Chinese lenses recently as well, to go with my Fuji XE-3. After a few months of owning this camera, coming from FF, I'm still not used to the APS-C crop and the equivalent aperture of me oldie lenses.

Most of the time I have either my Voigtlander 40/1.4 or Minolta M-Rokkor 40/2 mounted on it, giving me a slightly restrictive ~60mm FOV, so which why I've been itching to get something fastish in either 35/40/50mm equivalent, and that's where these cheap Chinese lenses come in. Also I don't particularly want to pair a big lens/adapter combo with this camera.

Cheapest of the pile is the Wesley 25/1.7 priced at around $46, not much in terms of review online except for a Thai YouTube video with no subtitles, and from the VERY limited images taken in the video it does seem to perform OK, obviously not as sharp in the centre as a native lens.

I rather like the Kamlan 28mm. My version is in m4/3 mount so I can adapt it to E mount. It's a slightly long standard on m4/3 and a slightly short standard on APS-C

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow