Grey market D3400...

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
DaveG16 Regular Member • Posts: 399
Re: Grey market D3400...

I wouldn't purchase from anyone who won't answer basic questions about what I'm buying....

That said, my D5100 came to me from a Japanese seller on eBay. The camera's box label with features, s/n, etc. is completely in Japanese -- the s/n on the box matches the s/n on the camera and the number sequence is from the range sold in Japan (2012nnn). I'm fairly certain the camera was originally sold and owned in Japan.

There was no manual, so no issue there. I downloaded an English version from Nikon USA.

The selector knob with PASM, Scene, Effects, Auto, etc. and markings such as HDMI, Mic, are Roman letters that abbreviate the English meaning (e.g., program, aperture, shutter, manual; high definition multimedia interface; microphone, etc.)

The menus were also in English, but that may have been a courtesy done by the seller. Had he not done that, it would have been fairly easy to coax the menu into English via the Setup menu, had the menus been in Japanese, since each category of menu is indicated by an icon (a wrench for Setup, for example).

-- hide signature --

Dave G.
There are no real negatives in digital photography.

DaveG16's gear list:DaveG16's gear list
Nikon D5100
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow