On1 new features announced

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ADW02 Contributing Member • Posts: 537
Re: On1 new features announced

srock wrote:

Not interested in contesting the pros and cons of ON1 here.

For those like me who are committed users, On1 has begun to tease a variety of features which will be integrated into the 2022 upgrade and it appears to be a blockbuster.

Among the new features announced:

Full integration of On1 NoNoise

Sky replacement

Backup and restore (very much on my wishlist)

Time lapse

Able to use PS plugins!

Improved export choices

I am very pleased as these will be useful additions to my workflow, Happy camper so far. Looking forward to the release in a month or 2.

Steve

We've only got a few hours left before the end of the August pre-release sale, but for those of us who use On1 to any degree I believe a choice has to be made. If I'm interpreting the company's ad correctly, for something like an additional $60 over their regular update price it will  be possible to use plug-ins from Adobe in On1 that are made by other companies (such as Luminar and Topaz).

I'll be the first to admit that I'm confused here. On1 is obviously developing its own stable of enhancements to compete directly with those other companies. Does the basic upgrade price of, I believe, $89 for On1 2022 entitle the buyer to have access to all of On1's newest and latest enhancements, such as NoNoise and their sky replacement? Or do I have to pay $149 to have access to all of them? Of course, that $149 includes a one-year membership to On1+, but beyond that I can't see the value of paying an extra $60 just to be able to use Photoshop's plug-ins. Clearly, I'm missing something here. Before the clock strikes midnight, would someone kindly explain what I'm misunderstanding here.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone may care to give me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow