Correcting for distortion after panorama merge (Mavic 2 Pro)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
john isaacs Veteran Member • Posts: 6,095
Re: Correcting for distortion after panorama merge (Mavic 2 Pro)

Rogier Bos wrote:

Hello,

One of the best features of the Mavic 2 Pro in my opinion is its ability to create large panorama's. It creates images with high details and high resolution — great for printing in large sizes. I use the 3x3 panoramic image setting all the time.

The drone creates a jpg itself and stores that with the RAW images. In Lightroom it is super easy to merge the raw images together into a panorama, which you can then edit to your hearts content. However, the resulting image shows a lot of distortion, which the jpg created by the drone doesn't.

Is there a way to remove this distortion? I have looked online and in the DP archives, but can't find anything. I can't be the only person struggling with this.

Of course I could just work with the jpg, and I sometimes do. But it would be really helpful to have the full bitdepth of RAW at my disposal.

Thanks in advance for any help/tips!

Try using perspective correction rather than spherical or cylindrical.

For tricky panoramas, I'll use Photoshop and the wide angle filter adjustment.

john isaacs's gear list:john isaacs's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic GH5 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M5 III +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow