Looking for a wider angle lens for my Z50

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JohnNewman
JohnNewman Contributing Member • Posts: 939
Re: Looking for a wider angle lens for my Z50

TheWillRogers wrote:

p5freak wrote:

Nikon didnt care for DX in the last 20 years, why should they now ?

The 10-20mm dx af-p came out in 2017 lol. It's only 2 years older than the Z50. Let's let Nikon get out the lenses for the monied crowd and get a few more DX bodies floating around. Until then we have options, no need to be a doomer about it.

Good points. I've just ordered the Zfc and I must admit this and a few other threads were starting to make me reconsider. But then I thought, hey  I've always enjoyed Nikon DX bodies and lenses. I've used FX in the past with a D3 and the 'trinity' lenses and, great as they all are as well as the new Z FF lenses, I don't need or want FF. I'm 75 with arthritic hands and either the Z50 or Zfc will serve me well.

I'm not into sports (anymore), have no interest in BIFs (although I admire the work of those that are) and don't enter competitions these days so don't need to print big. And frankly if I couldn't do well in competitions with a DX camera and lens, I'd give up.

I could be happy with either of the DX offerings but, being an old-timer, the  Zfc appeals to me and I can work around the lack of a native wide angle. Mind you, back in the day, 35mm and 28mm were considered wide and 24 was extreme (!) so having to use an adapted lens is not the end of the world. Plus, in addition to the 2 kit zooms, there's the 18-140 and maybe the 28mm is on the horizon as well. Those lenses won't suit everyone but they'll do the job for me 

Others views will differ of course and there's always Sony, Fuji and MfT for those who want something different in a smaller camera. In the meantime I can't wait for the little Zfc to get here and to start shooting.

Keep safe everyone and good shooting,

John

JohnNewman's gear list:JohnNewman's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow