image quality settings for D7500

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rubybgold Junior Member • Posts: 35
image quality settings for D7500

Hi all. I always shoot in manual mode, selecting my ap, shutter speed, iso, etc etc based on what I'm shooting. I almost always post-process with Photoshop to bring out the best in the images.

I've never chosen to shoot in RAW just because of the file sizes and slowing the buffer down and also, well, just because I'd always chosen the highest image quality setting for jpeg and gotten good results with the images I've made doing it that way, so never changed.

That said, on my D7500 - I've set the image size to Large and the image quality to JPEG fine* - the highest quality jpeg setting. I don't honestly fully understand all the other image quality settings, and I'm wondering if someone here could either explain or point me to a good clear tutorial re: the benefits and drawbacks of the other settings from NEF (RAW) through NEF (RAW) + JPEG fine*  that would help me understand what they do, which is best for what purposes, what the pros/cons are of the various image quality settings, etc.

Thanks very much in advance for help with this!

Ruby

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow