Lightroom alternative and keep keywords

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
jack scholl
jack scholl Veteran Member • Posts: 4,468
Re: Lightroom alternative and keep keywords

lightandaprayer wrote:

jack scholl wrote:

lightandaprayer wrote:

I decided that Photo Supreme is the only DAM alternative really worthy of consideration. But in the process of reviewing the "usual suspects" I was reminded about NeoFinder .

When I compared the two programs I discovered that NeoFinder will accomplish what I really need and, like Photo Supreme, it will let me retain my long-time folder structure which I already had set up when I began using Aperture in "referenced masters" mode.

I am currently demoing NeoFinder to see if will meet my DAM expectations, along with cataloging the other digital assets residing on my Mac and external drives. It is necessary to tweak NeoFinder preferences under Cataloging/Metadata and Archive Files to make it a better fit but that takes about two minutes to accomplish.

While cost isn't a factor for me, the $40 price for a NeoFinder "private license" is a bonus. The $150 NeoFinder 2-user business license isn't necessary because I don't need its server-based and auto-update features. I have to say that after my experience with Aperture I am comforted by the fact that NeoFinder has been around for a very long time (since 1995. . . it's current version is 7.8.1) with active development and support.

Hope it turns out working for you . . . Good luck!

Jack

Thanks! But I may be back for advice about Photo Supreme if NeoFinder doesn't cut it.

Anytime . . .

Jack

jack scholl's gear list:jack scholl's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow