Review K3 mark lll?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
bob5050 Senior Member • Posts: 2,721
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

John_A_G wrote:

Agreed. But then you shouldn't trust them when they have something good to say about the system they're unfamiliar with either.

That also is true, and to my mind even further marginalizes the question of trust.

Basically, I think that in evaluating a review (positive or negative doesn't matter), one has to ask two types of questions:

1. Does the reviewer have his facts straight? IOW, understand the tech, understand the context of the tech (that is, how it compares to competitive implementations), and therefore come up with appropriate test cases competently and rigorously conducted and evaluated.
  2. Does the reviewer's sense of the purpose of the tech align with (a) the implicit design goals of the device and (b) your own reasons for considering acquiring the device, or potentially choosing it over others?

I've previously characterized these as opportunities for tactical and strategic error respectively, though the military connotations are unfortunate.  Another way to characterize them would be as issues of whether the questions are being correctly answered, versus the issue of whether the right questions are being asked.

-- hide signature --

bob5050
All pictures I post here are SOOC, downsized 50% unless specifically identified otherwise.

bob5050's gear list:bob5050's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow