Do rechargeable batteries lose their charge?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
tintifax Contributing Member • Posts: 955
Re: Do rechargeable batteries lose their charge?

I have not noted for the last 10 years that my Eneloops lost power. Approx. 10 - 15 years ago I changed my 1.2-Accus from mixed brands only to Eneloops because they are by far the best! From time to time I refresh it - you need a loader that is able to do that. No problem for years - maybe they lost 5 or 10 % over the years but I don't notice that.

Above this I use original Accus for my Godox-flashes. This batteries seem to last and last and last. I can take a few hundred pictures with one accu, sometimes I need 2 accus for a whole wedding (from 10:00 to 24:00), despite the fact that I use a fill-in-flash on near every picture. But this are no NiMh accus, as far as I know this are LiIon-batteries.

-- hide signature --

with best regards from Vienna
Thomas T
If we photographers were taxi-drivers we all wanted a 450 HP Ferrari for our job
A good picture is a good picture, with 6 MP, 12 MP, 24 MP 36 MP or 45 MP. And it does not become better with more pixels

tintifax's gear list:tintifax's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow