I hate the CR3-format

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jaap51 Forum Member • Posts: 92
I hate the CR3-format

Because I wanted the best out of the 1.4 32mm lens that i bought recently I changed my M6 camera for the new M6 mk2. In the meantime I have made some pictures with this combination and I can say that this camera is a big step forward in both the handling and the image quality. I am glad i did make the transition.

I am not  happy with the CR3 fileformat. Canon wants to keep this in the family. I suppose with the purpose to make some money together with Adobe. This means I cannot use my favorit Darktable software. I have no interest in other programs and for me this would have been a reason for not buying the new camera. I did take the buy decision because I expect that Darktable will come with a solution in the future. In the meantime I am in trouble.

Thank you Canon. NOT!

Picture is JPG, straight from the camera.

jaap51's gear list:jaap51's gear list
Pentax K-1 II Canon EOS M6 II Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow