Review K3 mark lll?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Ian Stuart Forsyth
Ian Stuart Forsyth Veteran Member • Posts: 3,935
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

bob5050 wrote:

Ian Stuart Forsyth wrote:

bob5050 wrote:

I don't travel because I photograph, I photograph because I travel. So I have little interest, while in the field, with what the sensor wants to show me--I want so see the reality.

I see all you do is walk around with the camera up to your eye all day long and this is how you enjoy your trip reality that can only be viewed thru you camera.

It is not possible to get from what I said to what you said.

If the camera is set up properly, it will take care of itself,

Without know how the cameras uses the medium how do you know its working correctly?

So your view is that I should try to figure out how the sensor works when I'm on-site? Shouldn't I already know that?

Know how a sensor work and knowing how and what data the medium is capturing may seem like the same thing but they are not. Take 2 different manufactures using the same sensor they often use that sensor in very different ways.

As you demonstrate in past threads you have posted in , knowing a little about how the medium is capturing data will help you decide how to use the camera. What is the difference in learning a little more? and using that knowledge when you're out traveling

Take this image here

If I was to use the camera and how it tells me to adjust the exposure I should be applying a - EC

But the simple truth is that it has nothing to do with the exposure and even clipping

as there is none

The reality is that this image is already underexposed and not knowing this will lead many down the path to making camera adjustments incorrectly for what they want to accomplish.

The Camera is only a tool, photography is deciding how to use it <------ this is the type of photographer I am

Its really not any harder to take a better photography out in the field when knowing how the medium is capturing that data.

This image is taken with a camera that requires 3 light sensors to produce the final image 2 of which are not even in the same optical path as natural light is hitting the sensor or your eyes

With a ML this would be even easier as you are not relying several different sensors telling the user how to use the camera, there even the problems of having to calibrate those different sensors so that you have a realistic representation of the data your imaging sensors is capturing.

-- hide signature --

The Camera is only a tool, photography is deciding how to use it.
The hardest part about capturing wildlife is not the photographing portion; it’s getting them to sign a model release

Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list:Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list
Nikon PC-E Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Pentax K-7 +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow