How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
TonyGN10 Regular Member • Posts: 428
Read Sean Tucker's book 'The Meaning in the Making'

Your post raises some profound issues. I can imagine it took quite some doing to post it.

I've not read all the responses, so this may already have been mentioned - or you may already know of Sean Tucker's work. Sean is a photographer based in the UK - very talented - he also has a very interesting YouTube channel.

In short, he says he's more interested in the 'Why' rather than the 'How' of photography.

He has just published a book called 'The Meaning in the Making' - it's quite a read - I've just finished it. This is how he describes the book:

"The Meaning in the Making" contains personal stories interwoven with the psychological, philosophical and spiritual practices which help me stay a mentally healthy, inspired and motivated "maker of things." This book isn't just for photographers or filmmakers, but for musicians, painters, writers; basically anyone who makes anything.”

I don't have the answers to your questions but I'd recommend you read Sean Tucker's book - it may help you find your answers.

Good luck with your journey!

TonyGN10's gear list:TonyGN10's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Phase One Capture One Pro +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow