About a 35mm prime: which current lens is on par with this one?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 12,482
About a 35mm prime: which current lens is on par with this one?

I currently own an A7C plus a SIGMA DN DG 35/2 and also own an RX1RII. I always thought that the Zeiss Sonar was the one to beat. Looking though some files (as in photos, but the files were all RAW) I found some pics that made me think: which current lens is even remotely close to this one?

A few examples, shot with the original RX1 as well as the RX1RII. I also had the RX1r.

RX1 24Mpx

RX1RII cropped to 24Mpx

RX1RII full res (I think)

So here's hoping for an RX1RIII after all this time ... or - alternatively - a lens that matches this one.

Of course the easiest path would be to go expensive - and hope for the best - that would be a 35/1.4. But is the IQ similar in its execution? Or another lens?

Some examples would be great! Thanks

Deed

P.S.: And then of course there is the size difference, but that's not my main concern here:

camerasize.com

https://camerasize.com/compact/#858.875,638,ha,t

The 35/1.8 not much smaller and no aperture ring. Not really a pretty lens as such:

No 35/2 Sigma on camerasize.com sadly.

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-Pro3 Sony a7C Sony a7R IIIA Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +9 more
Sony RX1 Sony RX1R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow