Review K3 mark lll?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 29,619
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

SrMi wrote:

The EVFs have improved considerably, but in my eyes, there is still a huge difference. I have been EVF cameras for several years. I much prefer the view through an OVF than through an EVF. The difference is especially striking when photographing with EVF and OVF cameras at the same time. But, again, this is my personal opinion.

Ben Lifson's comment when reviewing the early EVFs still sounds true to me: unlovely to look at, alienating; it tends to quench the feeling the subject gives me.

I fully agree.

I have not looked into the best modern ones. Need to try to find one to take a look into. Maybe I will change my mind?

To me, the main benefit of EVF cameras is the reduced size and weight. With Pentax-3 III and the small Limited primes, that weight advantage of mirrorless cameras has been eliminated (except for m43 systems).

To me it is also that it focus on the actual sensor, no AF adjustments to make it work good. And also that there seem to come very fun lenses to mirrorless.

I hope that people will continue to be interested in OVF cameras.

Me too!

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow