Review K3 mark lll?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 29,619
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Jon Donahue wrote:

Bob, that's so true. EVERY modern camera is well made and works just fine. And so like you say, the reviewer is actually writing for the reviewed brand's audience, since owners of other makes aren't interested... unless there's a huge tech breakthrough, and there aren't any.

Sometimes I'm not sure about that... some K-3iii "reviews" appear to be written for those who migrated to mirrorless, so they could validate their choice.

So. If DPR reviews the K-3 III, they are writing for us.

They should. Let's see how well they'll succeed.

There are essentially three ways of writing a good review.

1. As fair, neutral and thorough as possible. No thought about audience. This is the old Phil Askey way. Kudos to Phil for that!
  2. For the main audience, i.e us and some friends. What do we need and want to hear?
  3. For the entire DPReview audience. What do other readers here want to know? And I assume we now are talking about mainly Canon and Sony readers, and maybe also Nikon, the biggest ones. And do they read a K-3 III review at all? Maybe the Canon and Nikon DSLR owners might have some interest, now when Pentax at last have decent AF? And their own DSLRs might be terminated?
-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow