Review K3 mark lll?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jon Donahue Contributing Member • Posts: 843
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

Bob, that's so true. EVERY modern camera is well made and works just fine. And so like you say, the reviewer is actually writing for the reviewed brand's audience, since owners of other makes aren't interested... unless there's a huge tech breakthrough, and there aren't any.

So. If DPR reviews the K-3 III, they are writing for us. And I would expect the reviewer to be a Pentax owner for at least five years, loyal to the brand, invested in at least two DSLR Pentax cameras and at least three lenses... plus maybe a GR, icing on the cake. And I'd expect the reviewer to have enjoyed his cameras on a level much deeper than P Program or the Green Button. And there are a LOT of you guys on this forum who would make excellent DPR reviewers... with a real depth of knowledge and many years' experience! And from you, I'd pick someone who owns both digital FF and APS-C cameras. Experience is primary, writing skills are secondary. Interpreting DP test lab results is interesting, but opinions from thorough field tests is most important. To me, anyway!

Jon Donahue's gear list:Jon Donahue's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-70
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow