Review K3 mark lll?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
bob5050 Senior Member • Posts: 2,716
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

Ian Stuart Forsyth wrote:

But with the correct settings it can give you more of a realistic representation of the medium that is recording the data and that will be processed into an image

But isn't that, or shouldn't it be, a secondary concern? I don't travel because I photograph, I photograph because I travel. So I have little interest, while in the field, with what the sensor wants to show me--I want so see the reality. If the camera is set up properly, it will take care of itself, and I can tweak what it saw to my satisfaction when I get home.

You can only do this when you understand what the camera is recording

Again, that's a pre-trip and post trip concern: obsessing about setup and understanding how the camera works.

Simply moving the camera away from the users eye will give him what is really there.

My point exactly: the only way a MILC user can see what I'm seeing is to lower his camera.

-- hide signature --

bob5050
All pictures I post here are SOOC, downsized 50% unless specifically identified otherwise.

bob5050's gear list:bob5050's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow