Review K3 mark lll?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
bob5050 Senior Member • Posts: 2,770
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

hikerdoc wrote:

bob5050 wrote:

I can see what he sees for the rest of my life in PS, LR, or On1 at home; that's not what travel to see. But he'll never see what I did.

He probably is seeing what you do. He just doesn’t feel that “seeing” is limited by the little reflection in his OVF or little display in his EVF.

To a certain extent yes, but to a greater extent, no. When I lift the Pentax to my face, I don't feel like I'm making a choice to leave the world and enter the camera's. I'm in both as the camera 'disappears' and I see through it. It supplements and extends my vision without replacing it. That just doesn't happen when I pick up a MILC.

In some ways it's like driving a stick vs. an automatic. The gain in efficiency and simplicity comes at a cost of connection and control. And on difficult terrain, or for pure pleasure driving, I'd still want a stick.

Pentax appears to be betting that a great enough proportion of ILC users (and prospective ILC users) either feel, or can be persuaded, that that difference matters.  For my lifetime, at least, I hope that they're right. I'd like the choice until such time as MILCs actually offer a compensating advantage as great as what they take away.

-- hide signature --

bob5050
All pictures I post here are SOOC, downsized 50% unless specifically identified otherwise.

bob5050's gear list:bob5050's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow