Review K3 mark lll?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 29,685
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

bob5050 wrote:

John_A_G wrote:

But, the part about the viewfinder baffles me here. I was pretty sure most of the DPR review staff had extensive experience with DSLRs. Maybe I'm mistaken and they now employ people whose sole experience is with mirrorless.

I'm sure they pretty much all used SLRs at some point in the past. But we might want to raise the issue of selection bias: you don't dedicate your career to playing with all the latest gear unless you have a latent suspicion that newer must = better. IOW, a bias against raising the question "But what ae we losing, and are the gains sufficient to make that loss worthwhile?"

Of course. They have to have a feeling for what is the future.

They love nostalgica and writes about it, but their business case is the future.

And now it sure looks like MILC is the future and DSLR is the past. And they have to adapt to that.

They also need to cover something new, and yet another DSLR is not all that new.

And actually, it totally is raining new MILC lenses. With new exciting specs.

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow