Review K3 mark lll?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 12,800
Re: Review K3 mark lll?

bob5050 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Of course, if you like your new camera and have confidence in it, that is the most important for you. But, you yourself is the less objective reviewer when you yourself have bought the camera.

Well... if people who have bought the camera are biased, then people who haven't bought the camera are biased as well - thus, there can be no objectivity

Certainly it's a two-edged sword. Buyers have a psychological stake in not having to admit error--once a commitment has been made, there's innate pressure to see oneself as insightful. General term would probably be 'confirmation bias.'

That works in both cases - buyers of Pentax, which might be tempted to validate their decision is the obvious case. But there are also buyers of something else, and they might be similarly tempted to validate their decision of not buying Pentax.

I do not believe that users of a foreign brand are automatically the best reviewers. They are less familiar or even unfamiliar with the product/brand. They do not have the time to properly familiarize themselves with it. They do not get what we like about it. And they like something different.

On the other hand, I can't think of anyone in the entire world more qualified to say what PentUp needs, values, and prefers in a camera more than PentUp. He IS the world's best authority on that issue. So his review has to be considered the most objective possible in being grounded on the actual user's requirements. "I know what I like" is a statement that's hard to refute.

Well said.

Alex

-- hide signature --

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." - George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow