How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 18,836
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Toronto Photography wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

The question you need to ask yourself is why you need admiration from strangers to validate your craft/hobbies. If you can't enjoy the process then maybe you don't enjoy the hobby at all IMO.

That is like saying enjoy playing baseball or hockey by yourself. Photography like plays, film and writing is a team sport.

Some sports are better with others, but people go to batting ranges and hockey rinks by themselves and have a good time. The sports I enjoy (cycling, racing) are generally not team sports. And I don't need my rides or races to "mean something" to strangers to enjoy them.

Humans are social creatures but there's a difference between being social and being completely dependent on others for your self worth and happiness.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Samyang AF 35mm F1.8 FE Samyang AF 45mm F1.8 FE
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow