Purchasing a new Mac

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ChrisLumix Veteran Member • Posts: 3,370
Re: Purchasing a new Mac

cpharm86 wrote:

I currently have what is shown on the screen shot below. As you can see this was purchased many years ago. The only upgrade I did was the 2TBSSD. I want to purchase another MAC to meet my current needs. I have a Canon R5 45mp camera, use Lightroom and photoshop and now currently using DXL PL4 mainly for NR. Everything is very slow on my current system. I might add that I primarily shoot RAW.

I’m not that knowledgeable in choosing a new system. I know I can go to the Apple store for advice but rather get some suggestions on this forum from photographers on what would be the minimum I would need to perform better than what I have.

I wouldn’t mind stepping up a bit more than the minimum to help with future system requirements that might be necessary.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

WAIT! Just a short while, until a Mac with M1X comes out (just weeks away I'd say?). The M1 is geared to fairly basic users, and though Lightroom will certainly show an increase in speed, if you're using Photoshop and shoot RAW, you will want to wait for a more Pro chip, which the M1X will be, and will offer higher max RAM and greater storage options, not to mention more cores.

-- hide signature --

Panas0n!c Lum!x LX100, TZ60

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow