D7200 problem with Lexar 64GB SD cards

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP nbirkett Senior Member • Posts: 1,966
Re: Too many eggs in one basket?

David Lal wrote:

nbirkett wrote:

I think these cards are toast. But, I do not understand why and whether this might indicate a physical issue with my camera that might cause more problems in the future. For now, I will go back to having two cards in the camera, saving duplicate images, one to each card.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. and suggestions.

First of all, my sympathies for the loss of your images.

Thanks.

However, I ask why 64gb? 32gb does me just fine in my (dual slot) D750. Also, at the end of any day's photography it is my habit to transfer images to my computer. I think those SD cards are just too vulnerable to accidents.

I do exactly what you suggest: transfer images from my sd card to a disc drive every day. That's what I was trying to do when this card failed. However, when I am traveling, I keep the images on my sd card as well so that I have two copies as back-up. Hence, if I am planning to take a lot of images, I prefer a larger card size to avoid the need to switch cards.

I could manage with 32GB cards in my D7200.  But, I doubt that the card size affected the failure risk.

-- hide signature --

Nick

nbirkett's gear list:nbirkett's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow