Southern Right Whales Part 2

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bergfalke 4
bergfalke 4 Regular Member • Posts: 177
Southern Right Whales Part 2

After the Sth Australian lockdown ended, my partner and I moved on to the Nullarbor Roadhouse for a couple of nights and went to the Head Of The Bight for a day. The lookouts on the edge of the cliff give a good view, but it was still quite exposed and quite windy.

The spray from the previous blow had caught and refracted the light into a rainbow of colours. Obviously the angles had changed and it didn't happen on this blow

I can fly! A calf being energetic and breaching. The white water to the right is from the previous leap.

Mummy cuddle. Mum is on her back with her calf nuzzling her belly.

Another calf being energetic. This one was closer in.

Same calf and another leap.

Leucistic calf and mum. Two white calves were born this year (that I know of). The first in Fowlers Bay (named Rodney) and this one at Head of the Bight.

Tail slap. At the end of the day, this calf decided to really have a good go at tail slapping and did it repeatedly for a considerable time.

Enjoy

Anthony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bergfalke4/

bergfalke 4's gear list:bergfalke 4's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow