Looking for a wider angle lens for my Z50

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NikonMike Senior Member • Posts: 1,350
Looking for a wider angle lens for my Z50

I knew when I bought my Z50 camera that there were currently only two lenses available natively for the Z50, the 16-50 and 50-250, which I bought as part of a kit.  These are nice little lenses and I thought would be all I needed for my lightweight system, but here lately I would really like something wider that could cover the equivalent of my 16-35 on my D810.  Without that I feel like I always need to lug my D810 and 16-35 with me as well to cover ultra wide shots, which defeats a lot of the reason I bought the Z50.

I've been looking at the 10-20p lens, which construction is comparable with the two Z lenses I have (lightweight, compact, plastic mount, no VR switch).  Each time I get close to buying one I  debate whether it makes sense to buy a lens not made for the Z mount.  But there aren't really any other options except some third party lenses.  But they to required the FTZ adaptor.  Has anyone else bought the 10-20 specifically for their Z50 and how well does it work using the adapter?  Is the image quality comparable to the 16-50 Z lens?  I have a trip to Colorado coming up in September and it would sure be nice to have something before I go, even if I do take my full frame system as well.

thank you for any comments.

Mike

NikonMike's gear list:NikonMike's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Nikon D810 Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow