EM5 III or PEN-F ???

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
acfo Senior Member • Posts: 1,184
Re: EM5 III or PEN-F ???

AlmostDoctor wrote:

Sergey Borachev wrote:

For the longest time, I have wanted to buy the PEN-F and match it with the 17mm f/1.8 but they both have serious flaws. A classic looking camera is so nice but with a FAS it looks stupid. Together with such outdated performance, you are better off buying an old film camera as you will get even more ooh and aahs, if decent performance is not important.

Seems like going from Pen-F to old film camera is a bit extreme. Pen-F still offers plenty good IQ and SAF works just fine. CAF is pretty unusable, but that also applies to most Panasonic bodies that's not G9 or GH5.

If you primarily shoot stationary scenes (landscapes/citiscapes), Pen-F works just fine.

CAF works reliably on my Pen F. When I buy the Pen F 2, maybe I will understand what you lot find lacking in the mark 1.

acfo's gear list:acfo's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow