Took the plunge and ordered the 150-400...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ranlee Senior Member • Posts: 2,070
Re: Interesting. About the 2x TC?

nzmacro wrote:

Thanks Randy, yeah it gets harder as well get older for sure I tend to cross a few fences on council land and I have to be a lot more careful now days

I just bought a very large heavy ball head to try it and I'm going back to the gimbal head. It's a lot more stable. The ball head is heavy enough and you can set up the tension perfectly to swivel and tilt, but it's not the same stability if that makes sense.

The other option I'm thinking of and it was recommended by a serious BIF shooter is one of these .........

Head 1

or

Head 2

I ordered the first one, but it never arrived in these challenging days, got a refund though.

Interesting about the 2x TC thanks Randy. All the best and nice to hear.

Danny.,

Just in case you're interested:

I like the Wimberley MH100. Very small, simple and a bit costly. With the camera/lens hanging in balance off to the side rather than centered. As long as the camera is balanced I don't mind the apparatus as a whole being a bit lopsided due to the offset weight. Plus its easy to just let the camera hang over my shoulder with the monopod pointing forward when I move. It can handle a good amount of weight also although I don't have the big boys you have.  Oh... glad you're sticking around. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr4DHmmfzz4     8 sec. video.

-- hide signature --

Randy

Ranlee's gear list:Ranlee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow