Asking Canon Magic Lantern users, does run and gun work??

Started Aug 21, 2021 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Johnnew Archibald - SMGJohn New Member • Posts: 11
Asking Canon Magic Lantern users, does run and gun work??

I was looking at various videos of people shooting RAW video out of the Canon 6D, 70D and 5Dm2/3 and was blown away by the quality these cameras can achieve with Magic Lantern.

I was looking at the Canon 70D and the Canon 5Dm3 on the used market, I am not familiar with the Magic Lantern process, I hear people say the 5Dm3 is a very reliable camera when it comes to shooting RAW, very few bugs.

Is it worth getting Canon just for Magic Lantern in a run and gun shooting style? I have a gimbal with focus puller so pulling focus should not be impossible, I will just have to get external monitor to mount on the gimbal since only the 70D actually has articulate screen.

My question is simply, can you actually use a 5Dm3 with Magic Lantern in run and gun situation, have the settings perfect in camera, all you need to do is turn it on, turn on ML and start shooting footage without much issues on the go?

Or, is it just not practical? Should I just stick to getting a Fujifilm X-T4?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow