D7500 lens upgrade suggestions

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael Benveniste
Michael Benveniste Veteran Member • Posts: 6,090
Re: D7500 lens upgrade suggestions
  1. What limitations are you bumping up against with your 18-140mm?
  2. What's your budget?

Nikon doesn't make an 18-60mm lens.  Do you mean an 16-80mm?  That's a nice piece of kit, with a tremendously versatile range of focal lengths.  But it's also 1000+ USD new.  Given the overlap in functionality between that lens and the 18-140mm, you may get more utility out of something else.

Similarly, by all reports the most recent 70-300mm VR AF-P lenses get good reviews and offer reasonably good value.  But if you're looking to limit depth of field for portraiture, they aren't the right choice for you.

I acquired my "arsenal" over decades.  Most of the time I bought lenses because I had upcoming plans where I would use them, but if I bought something out of sheer whimsy, it came out of my "toy" budget for the year.  Coincidentally, this year's "toy" was a Panasonic/Leica 12-60mm, which is much like the 16-80mm, only for micro-four-thirds instead of DX.

-- hide signature --

Light travels at 2.13085531 × 10^14 smoots per fortnight. Catch some today!

Michael Benveniste's gear list:Michael Benveniste's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +46 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow