Run and gun camera with RAW video or Fujifilm X-T4?

Started Aug 20, 2021 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Johnnew Archibald - SMGJohn New Member • Posts: 11
Run and gun camera with RAW video or Fujifilm X-T4?

I been looking to replace my ageing Samsung NX1, its great camera but there is one area its always suffered in, challenging situations when it comes to video.

I really wish I had either LOG profile or ability to shoot RAW video.

So I been looking at two types of cameras instead but cannot seem to reach a conclusion because I am not familiar with either forms of systems.

Canon 5Dm3 + 7D or 700D

• + Amazing RAW video quality from what I have seen
  • + Cheap
  • + Large array of quality lenses
  • - Large file sizes
  • - Difficult to work with?? 
  • - No autofocus in video?
  • - Heavy and bulky

Fujifilm X-T4

• + Some say its best hybrid camera out there
  • + 4k 60fps
  • + F-LOG
  • + Autofocus during video
  • + Small and Lightweight body
  • - Expensive
  • - EXPENSIVE LENSES
  • - 640 minimum ISO using F-LOG?

So, whats the ideal thing to use? Correct me if I am totally wrong here, but far as I seen with people using Magic Lantern, autofocus does not work in camera when its on? Not a huge deal, I will just use my autofocus puller on my Gimbal.

My issue is, X-T4 shoots relatively large files 400mbps bitrate, which means 50 minutes is like 150GB for 25fps 4k footage. 
Compared to RAW-video from Canon + ML were you get 50 minutes at 200~GB

For pictures I do not really have much demand other than that the camera can take them with reasonable accuracy, I used the 5Dm3 before and in my opinion its extremely fast shooter and very easy to use, only downside is the annoyance of not being able to see how under or over exposed your images are, but I think its just a matter of getting used to this style of shooting again.

I never find myself using 4k as practical thing, even in 2021 everyone just wants 1080p, everything I ever worked on just gets uploaded as a 1080p file, I feel like 4k is just a gimmick even today, our cinema is not even 4k its still 2k, I feel personally like RAW is the way to go but is it really the right choice.

Can the Fujifilm X-T4 match or surpass Magic Lanterns RAW video in quality?

Sorry for long and confusing post.

Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i) Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow