Lighting in a hair salon.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
RDKirk Forum Pro • Posts: 16,113
Re: Lighting in a hair salon.

On The Fly Photography wrote:

Greetings.

I have a friend who owns a hair salon. He likes to take photos with his iPhone to post to social media. However the lighting doesn't cooperate.

When the sun is out - sunlight coming through the windows overpowers the indoor lights and the photos come out pretty good. I mean pretty good regarding colour temperature and accurate colours in the photos.

When the sun isn't blasting through the windows however the photos look pretty bad. He has a mixture of lights in the salon and the colour temperatures are all over the place.

Here is my question - does anyone know of any lights that would attach to and run from “standard” track lighting? It would need to be something that has a good temperature for photography and something that can overpower the bad lighting. To overpower the bad lighting we can of course use multiple lights. We just have to not over load the strip. We can also replace the existing lights.

If we replace the existing lights there would still be some bleed of bad light from around the salon but that would really help clean things up lighting wise.

Thank you for any ideas and suggestions.
Adrian

What kind of lighting is in the salon now? It should be possible to replace it all with daylight balanced LED lighting...which would also be easier on the electric power budget.

-- hide signature --

RDKirk
'TANSTAAFL: The only unbreakable rule in photography.'

RDKirk's gear list:RDKirk's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow