different a6400, same problems

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TMG1961
TMG1961 Regular Member • Posts: 392
different a6400, same problems

I have a Sony a6400. Actually it is my second one. The first one went back to the shop for repair and was replaced by the current one.

Now the second one has the same problems as the first one. When i want to view a photo on the camera and press the playback button the last taken photo opens on the lcd screen and closes straight away. Need to push several times to be able to view the photo. This does not happen all the time but often enough to be a problem.

Second problem is when i try to watch a photo through the EVF it does the same and when it finally opens and my thumb covers the AF/MF button the EVF closes the photo and i see normal view through the lens. I do not push the AF/MF button just hold my thumb over it.

Also having a problem with external flash, tried several brands and several different types of flashes. All for Sony cameras. Problem is that the flash not always fires, it misses 1 or 2 shots from time to time.

The first camera was just under 6 months old when it happened with less then 5000 shutter count and the second one is just under 6 weeks old with 1635 shutter count.

Strange thing is that both the a6400 cameras have identical problems. Maybe part of the same batch? Or just a coincidence?

-- hide signature --

Theo
**I have no problem with downloading my original image and editing it**

TMG1961's gear list:TMG1961's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro Samyang AF 35mm F1.8 FE
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow