EF-M Lenses and filters for adverse weather

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pocus Regular Member • Posts: 128
EF-M Lenses and filters for adverse weather

I'm planning to extend my options with my favourite Canon G5X mark II with a MILC with wider and longer lenses. For months I've been researching all FF, APS-C and MTF MILC cameras about $2,000 and their possible lenses. My latest choice is the EOS M6 mark II with the recommended lenses on this forum.

Having used APS-C Sony for more than 10 years I liked the newly designed G5X mark II almost instantly. I decided the M6m2 will be a sensible extension.

I am a hobbyist; I like shooting vast open spaces, not people's faces and animals. (I know everyone would advise me to buy the most expensive high pixel number cameras, but it's not a realistic option for me.)

Yesterday I took a picture of a city skyline, but the weather - as usual - was not good for taking photos. In such conditions I need a graduated ND filter to dim the highlight from the sky.

Question 1: What EF-M lenses do you recommend for such conditions? What camera settings would you use?
Question 2: What graduated ND and CPL filters do you recommend I should buy?

Question 3: Is there a camera similar to the M6m2 in dimensions and weight (and price, incl lenses) that would give better results in this case?

pocus's gear list:pocus's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M6 Canon PowerShot G5 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow