What photo editing software to use?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
danferrin Regular Member • Posts: 436
Re: What photo editing software to use?

You say that you shoot events.  The last time I shot events was during the days of film.  Unless things have changed, I would imagine that the lighting is different at each event you shoot.  Even outdoor shoots have different light, depending on time of day, season and clouds, etc.  It seems to me that no profile will cover all the various lighting conditions.  If I were shooting events, I would use the Datacolor SpyderCHECKR which creates custom profiles for each shoot, which are then easy (they say) to install into LightRoom or Photoshop to automate your color correction.  I think the XRite Color Checker probably works the same way.  I have tried DPP, DXO, Capture One and most off the other software for processing my RAW files over the years, and I keep coming back to Adobe, mostly because I can work though large batches of images more quickly and efficiently with Lightroom than I can with anything else, and I can retouch and manipulate images more effectively with Photoshop than with anything else, and they work together seamlessly.  And $10 per month is a bargain if you do any volume of work.

-- hide signature --

My life is a circle of confusion - photography is my meditation.
See my work at www.danferrinphotography.com

danferrin's gear list:danferrin's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 20-35mm F3.5-4.5 USM +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eif
eif
eif
eif
eif
Ali
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow